An active lifestyle is a part of most of our lives. From walking the dog to playing competitive sport many of us at some point will experience some sort of injury that will affect your daily living. At the Merrion Foot Clinic we can diagnose, treat and provide prevention advice on many lower limb sports injuries.
Some of which include:
• Shin Splints
• Achilles Tendinopathy
• Plantar Fasciitis (heel spur)
• Ankle Sprains
• Ball of foot pain
• Arch pain
• Calf pain
• Lower back pain
• Knee pain
SUFFERING FROM HEEL PAIN?
WHAT IS HEEL PAIN/PLANTAR FASCIITIS?
Heel pain is one of the most common conditions we see. The pain is under the heel of your foot and is often worse first thing in the morning or as soon as you stand up after resting.
It is caused by the inflammation of the plantar fascia. The plantar fascia runs from the heel to the toes and creates the arch of your foot. The fascia stretches when you stand so early diagnosis and treatment is essential.
WHY DO YOU HAVE HEEL PAIN?
- Flat feet
- High arched feet
- Pronated feet
- Supinated feet
- Long periods of standing or walking during work
- Playing sports and being active
- Tightness in the calf muscle or arch
- Wearing shoes with poor arch support
- Standing on hard surfaces and walking barefoot
WHAT DOES IT FEEL LIKE?
- Sharp stabbing pain or dull ache in the heel or arch
- Worse in the morning as you take your first steps
- Worse after long periods of sitting
- Worse when standing for long periods of time
- Worse after activity, especially the following day
PLAN – HOW WILL WE HELP YOU?
We have a multi-faceted approach to helping you with your Heel Pain
Most importantly we need to assess and address the cause of your heel pain.
We need to reduce the strain and strengthen your Plantar Fascia to reduce your pain and allow healing.
By treating the cause it can prevent the problem returning