WHAT ARE BUNIONS?
A bunion is a bony bump forming over the base of your big toe. The bump can be on top of the joint or on the inside and forms from excessive pressure from the way you walk.
WHY DO YOU HAVE BUNIONS?
- Flat feet
- High arched feet
- Pronated feet
- Supinated feet
- Wearing shoes with poor arch support
- Wearing high heels or tight fitting shoes
- Long periods of standing or walking during work
- Playing sports and being active
WHAT DOES IT FEEL LIKE?
- Sharp stabbing pain or dull ache in the big toe joint
- Redness or irritation from rubbing on shoes
- Worse in high heeled or tight shoes
- Worse in shoes with poor support
- Worse when standing or walking for long periods of time
- Worse when being more active, playing sports or at work
PLAN – HOW WILL WE HELP YOU?
Most importantly we need to assess and address the cause of your Bunions.
We need to reduce the strain and pressure that causes your Bunion to reduce your pain.
By treating the cause it can prevent the Bunions from becoming worse.